- Best ever year as a domainer in terms of sales.
- Acting as a domain broker, I effectively sold one of the highest value generic com.au domains.
- Youngest son (Will) left home and moved to Brisbane to pursue his life’s ambition.
- Oldest son (Luke) left Townsville to live in Brisbane.
- My wife and I shifted home after 6.5 years (downsized into a beautiful apartment).
- Had a heart attack – followed by 5 stents.
- Turned 60 in December.
What Does 2017 Hold In Store?
Some life changing decisions have been made based on the above.
Another opportunity has been presented to me, and I intend pursuing this with vigour. More on this at a later time.
So, after discussions with “she who must be obeyed” (my wife Frances), I have decided to stop being a domainer / domain investor. Even though I have enjoyed the cut and thrust over many years, it’s now time to call it quits. I have absolutely no regrets in doing so – life is very short.
Our son Luke is going to take over Domain Syndicates and eTrading – effective from the 1st February. I will no longer be a Director or shareholder. Luke has been working in the business on a part-time basis over the past 5 years, and is very excited to take over the reins. He is ready! His mission is two fold – improve the earnings on the extensive portfolio; and gradually sell down all the holdings. Neither company will be purchasing any further domains (other than those that may become available as a result of rights under “direct registrations”).
Not sure as yet what will happen with this blog, but I’ll let you know.
Opportunity For You
Regular buyers on the drops will have noticed that neither Domain Syndicates or eTrading have bought any domains since January 1st (nor will they in the future). So fill your boots!
Apologies to all dropcatchers for your loss of income. 😉
Over the next 10 days, I’m in the mood and position to do some crazy deals on domain names. If you’re interested in some decent domains at very generous prices, please hit me up.
Ned O’Meara – 18th January 2017